Friday, November 11, 2011

They Did it AGAIN!

Several weeks ago, all of you fine folks indulged me while I ranted about First Bank of Sand Land (FBOSL) fouling up a wire transfer by several orders of magnitude. Since you're all invested in my plight, I feel obligated to issue the following update: MOFO's DID IT AGAIN!!!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Requested transfer amount: 7,705 Sand Landian Schillings

Actual transfer amount:  7,750 Sand Landian Schillings

AAGGGAHAHHAAAGGGHAAAA!!!!!
Actual footage of me checking Fuckwittery, Inc.'s bank
statement earlier today...except it's not really me
and I don't wear pleather blazers


Yup, Mr. Fat Fingers, FBOSL's lysdexic wire transfer clerk, strikes again. Hey FBOSL (or should I say FBSOL, emphasis on S.O.L) how come none of these errors are ever in my company's favor? Huh?!

I really wish Michael Jackson's doctor had been acquitted. Placing him on permanent retainer was probably my only shot of getting a good night's sleep so long as I have to deal with you all...

Oh, I almost forgot...FBSOL, if  you're still reading this, Sand Cat here is pestering me to ask if she can work as a wire transfer clerk in your esteemed concern. Yeah, I know, she's trying to use your recent screw ups as a pretext for wasta'ing her way in.

But hear me out on this, FBSOL: while she doesn't comprehend the mathematical significance of numbers themselves, she loooooves to knead her paws on my calculator, which means - you guessed it - she is capable of punching buttons! Based on my recent experiences with you, it would appear she has the requisite skill for the position.

Sand Cat tells me she is willing to start for a basic salary of 179 Sand Landian Schillings per month which can be paid in either cash or kind consisting of bonito tuna flakes, glittery yarn and neon flea collars. She's willing to accept 1 SL Schilling less than minimum wage as long as you allow her to play that ear worm of a song by Fine Young Cannibals on infinite repeat over the PA system - as she doesn't understand numbers, a fun loving work environment is more of a priority for her than money and she's really in to that whole 80's day-glo thing right now.


As my way of thanking you for not being specist and giving her a fair shot, I promise to cover her maxi taxi fare so you can save on that pesky transport allowance. But wait, there's more! She's also game for dismembering any insects that are squatting in the branch to which she is deputed - without demanding overtime pay (provided you let her keep the carcasses).

Think you can find any human beings willing to sign up for this deal? Doubtful with your Sand Landization requirements. C'mon, FBSOL, act now before someone else reads this and snatches her intrepid ass up!

Hey FBSOL, hook a kitty up!
 I kyoot an I gotz mad kwalifikashuns!

7 comments:

  1. Let the bidding war commence. I'll pay Sand Cat 180 Sand Landian Schillings if she agrees to dismember all the bugs in my house....btw, my whole flat building is infested with cockroaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, Sand Cat says your offer is noted and appreciated. She'll keep it under consideration until all offers are on the table. While she considers cockroaches choice prey, she is holding out hopes for a job offer that involves punching buttons since she's invested considerable time in honing that skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking for a while that FBOSL should hire MY cat, perhaps the two of them could become board members...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha love your blog, keep writing more! =D

    I'm actually writing a uni assignment (which compares the intercultural business communication of 'a certain unnamed Arab country' and the UK) & I have to say, coming back to your blog just confirms all the crazy stories & things I've been finding out about this place! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous - we must be neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've disappeared again :(

    ReplyDelete